Value Added Offers, & Best Rates Guaranteed.
Nature Resort & Spa Concept
A Central, Easily Accessible Location
Resort Facilities & Services
Aarunya Gold Standards
In the central hills of this beautiful island on the outskirts of Kandy City, overlooking the Knuckles Mountain Range, a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site, sits Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa. Aarunya, meaning first rays of the sun in the ancient language of Sanskrit, is an award winning collection of luxury private pool villas set high in the central hills and surrounded by spice and tea gardens. In operation since June 2018, it is our special purpose to provide our guests with a truly bespoke hospitality experience that surpasses the expectations of the most discerning traveler.
Boasting spectacular views over the Knuckles Mountain and Conservation Forest as you lounge by the pool, Aarunya, a winner of many international hotel awards, also offers a truly spectacular dining experience at Aahaara Restaurant which serves contemporary Sri Lankan cuisine in an authentic traditional village setting. Experience the most memorable sunrise while having an early breakfast in the Central Bungalow, located at the highest point of the estate while listening to the sounds of birds.
For those looking to unplug from the rituals of daily life, bespoke wellness and rejuvenation programs are available with yoga, curated meal plans, and meditation. Unwind and relax your mind and body at Aarogya Luxury Spa with both traditional Ayurveda and international therapeutic rituals on offer. For the adventurous, Aarunya is centrally located with convenient access to the Historical Cultural Triangle, Sigiriya Lion Rock, and the cool climes of the Knuckles Mountains. Step into nature and experience the very heartbeat of Sri Lanka with guided mountain trekking, off the beaten path waterfalls, and cloud forests.
Starting from humble beginnings with our first property Nisala Villa Kandy in 2014, we have embarked on developing this beautiful tea and mixed plantation estate, with the vision to create a world class nature resort and spa experience rooted in legendary Sri Lankan hospitality, since 2018.
The estate is a special place, the environment is bountiful and pristine, setting the mood to relax the mind, body and spirit.
The land provides organic vegetables, fruits and spices for our meals, the fresh mountain air infuses the body when we exercise, the spa draws on luxury products and techniques to revitalise the mind and body, while constantly changing dramatic views and atmospheres encourage relaxation, reflection and contemplation.
Experience a unique, minimalist luxury resort concept and environment, carefully crafted to channel energy for our mind, body and spirit, a retreat like no other.
Aarunya is located conveniently in Central Sri Lanka, between Kandy and Dambulla (the gateway to the cultural centre and north of Sri Lanka).
We are 2-3 hours drive from the airport, 30-45 minutes from Kandy train station and only 1-2 hours drive to most cultural hotspots such as Sigiriya Rock Fortress or even natural wonders such as the UNESCO Natural World Heritage Listed Knuckles mountains and waterfalls.
+ Cold/hot towels and welcome drink on arrival.
+ Business Centre with Library & Board Meeting Room.
+ Complementary wireless internet access in all public areas.
+ Outdoor infinity swimming pool (40’ x 20’), with sunbathing chairs and umbrellas.
+ Central Bungalow Verandah Restaurant, Lounge, Games Area, and Cafe/Bar (Open 6:30 AM – 22:00 PM).
+ Aahaara Specialty Restaurant Dining Experiences (Sri Lankan cuisine in an authentic village setting).
+ Aahasa Tea Pavilion for the Aarunya ‘High Altitude’ Tea and private dining experiences.
+ Yoga Pavilion (14 pax). Private yoga sessions attract additional charges.
+ Organic fruit/vegetable/spice/tea gardens, and a rice paddy field.
+ Guided Village/waterfall/nature (bird watching) walks.
+ 24 hour check-in / check-out service.
+ Complementary bicycle use.
+ Packed meals on request.
+ Doctor on call (24 hours).
+ 24 hour Gym.
+ Butler service.
+ Laundry facilities.
+ All Inclusive Package Rates.
+ Foreign currency exchange.
+ Transfers by car, seaplane, or helicopter (Scheduled or Charter Flights).
+ Cooking classes (On request. Additional charges may apply).
+ Aarogya Luxury Spa and Wellness Centre offering Ayurvedic & International therapeutic rituals, including 3 X single and 1 X couples treatment rooms.
+ Wellness Retreat Packages tailored to suit each individual, including doctors consultations, daily spa therapies, meditation, yoga, events, and meal plans/dining experiences (For 4/7/10 nights and custom durations).
+ Aarunya is ideal for intimate destination weddings, engagement parties, proposals, anniversaries, honeymoons, renewal of vows, and corporate events/retreats. Please enquire for more information.
A COVID-19 Safe Resort:
We wish to pass our heartfelt regards to those affected by the current situation surrounding COVID-19. In times like these we believe that the importance and value of the core tenets of nature, good health, and well-being are reinforced.
Our founding vision and principles are informed by these core tenets. As such we will fearlessly continue to develop and be guided by these as part of our core mission, contribution, and offering to our valued guests, staff, and society.
Your Travel Safety:
In order to ensure the safety of our guests and team members, as well as to comply with strict hygiene protocols to maintain a COVID-19 free environment, Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa is pleased to announce stepped up in-house programs in conjunction with mandatory advice and recommendations from the Ministry of Health, Sri Lanka. These procedures will include redefining and extending the existing health protocols applicable to all operations of the hotel, strict ongoing review and monitoring programs, in conjunction with specific training for employees and all other stakeholders of the hotel. These enhanced programs will be implemented to welcome and host our guests in a safe and healthy environment.
Aarunya is located in an ideal setting for social distancing, with private villas on a 9 acre mixed plantation, spice garden, and tea estate. Our guests interact with 270-degree uninterrupted views, fresh mountain air, natural fauna and flora, a place naturally blessed for the perfect hideaway and wellness retreat.
Aarunya attracts travelers seeking restful holidays in a tranquil setting with maximum privacy. We recommend a minimum stay of 2 nights to experience Aarunya.
Children & Extra Guests:
- The mountain top setting and open architecture does not provide safety for children. Taking into consideration the peace and relaxation of other guests, the resort concept, and safety for children, we are compelled to discourage children below 12 years of age.
- We do ask parents to be mindful of their children especially in public areas in order for us to ensure the comfort and respect of all our valued guests.
‐ Ages 00 to 05 - Free of Charge if sharing existing bedding with parents, or in a baby cot.
‐ Ages 05 to 12 - Will be charged USD 20 on bed and breakfast and USD 50 on All Inclusive basis. An additional charge of USD 30 per night will be levied for an extra bed (If required).
- Above 12 years old will be considered as an adult.
Check In / Out:
- Check-In time from 02:00PM.
- Check-Out time by 11:00AM.
- In-room check in and check out on prior request.
- Upon booking confirmation, guests are requested to inform the reservations team of any special dietary requirements, allergies and special occasions that would be celebration during the stay.
Transport / Tours & Excursions:
- Pick up and drop off transfers to and from Bandaranaike International Airport can be arranged with prior notification.
- Transfers from the hotel to any destination in the country, as well as pick up from any location, is accommodated with ease and a little bit of notice.
- We also have a number of excellent tours and excursions on offer. Please enquire with us for further details.
- Transport to the hotel is possible by private car, or by train/helicopter/seaplane to Kandy with transfer to the hotel via private car.
Anti-Discrimination & Anti-Harassment Policy:
Aarunya is committed to promoting usual employment opportunities and a workplace that is free of all forms of discrimination and harassment. Equal opportunity means that all staff experience fairness, impartiality, and equal access to all career initiatives in the hotel. Commitment to equal opportunity promotes an inclusive work environment that values and accepts the diverse racial, cultural, religious, and social backgrounds of its staff, and this extends to our suppliers, consultants, and even guests. Anti-Discrimination (Act No 45 of 1971) & Anti-Harassment (Act No 22 of 1995) Policy is underpinned by a set of values and key guiding principles in the building of a community for all staff in the hotel environment.
Environmental & Green Policy:
We at Aarunya Nature Resort are not just a hospitality service provider but a team of dedicated individuals who have a passion for contributing positively to our mother earth and to protect it for our future generations. We always strive to remove and mitigate negative impacts created due to our operations, and positively participate in developing environmentally friendly practices within and outside our premises.
We are dedicated to create awareness among our staff, guests and visitors while meeting statutory, regulatory, and other requirements all the time and continually improve our environmental practices. We consider the wider global impact of all our activities including those of our suppliers, customers and other stakeholders. We continuously invest in green initiatives that enhance and protect the health and well-being of the environment, including flora, fauna and humans.
To educate, train and motivate employees to carry out tasks in an environmentally responsible manner and ensure that a continuous professional development strategy is implemented, is core to our business goals.
Energy, Water, & Waste Policy:
Energy and water are key resources in our day to day activities. Globally energy production has significant impacts on the environment, and can contribute to global warming and climate change. Water scarcity and access are key issues and water sources need to be secured and protected. Waste needs to be managed effectively, especially to avoid damaging the environment including water sources.
We at Aarunya Nature Resort believe energy and water conservation is a key to survival of our future generations. Hence we take all precautionary measures to ensure energy and water is used effectively and efficiently in our day to day activities.
We always believe our future depends on focusing more on renewable energy than non-renewable energy, and actively invest in technology and practices focused on renewable energy and energy conservation. Due to our location in terms of water and electrical infrastructure, we seek to maximize use of renewable, local water and energy sources, and protect the health and access to these sources. Waste is also a critical consideration and we always seek to reduce, reuse, and recycle. At all times we seek to reduce the use of plastics.
We also take every measure to make our staff, guests, visitors and stakeholders understand the importance of energy, water and waste in our operational set up while attempting to provide the highest standards in comfort and service.
Child Labor Policy:
We maintain a policy that all the candidates who are recruited should submit age verification documents such as birth certificate and National Identity Card. In the instance if the candidate is unable to provide the above two mentioned documents, photo copy of passport and or drivers license can be accepted.
It is strictly adhered that no candidate would be hired unless he/she has reached the stipulated age and by chance if an employee has produced incorrect age verification documents we will ensure that he/she would be sent through a medical check-up and the result of the medical, management would be the deciding factor whether to continue employment with the company.
Guest Services Policy:
In operation since June 2018, our special purpose is to provide guests with a truly bespoke hospitality experience that surpasses the expectations of the most discerning traveler.
We believe that our professional and attentive staff, always available to assist our guests is our greatest asset.
We are committed to providing immediate and efficient assistance and to meeting your requirements in a helpful and courteous manner, both before and during your stay.
Quality and Transparency are the values that guide our choices. Quality of standards, of products, and of relations with our guests; transparency of our online offers and policies, always clear and authentic.
Listening is the best tool to continuously improve ourselves and satisfy our guests’ needs.
Guest comments and feedback are listened to carefully, in order to understand what needs to improve, and then take appropriate action.
Our ultimate goal is to create the experience of a lifetime.
Every guest is special to us…that’s why our mission is to fill your stay at Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa with unforgettable memories, achieved through truly anticipatory and world class service.
Aarunya Nature Resort is a place that embodies the meaning of Excellence. A guest stay with us is based on the highest standards of service, comfort and vocational reward where anything short of EXCELLENT is unacceptable.
We promise to provide personalized and anticipatory service that is non-intrusive, yet attentive, ensuring our guests have a memorable and experiential stay.
A stay at Aarunya should leave a guest with fulfilled service standards, amazing memories of not just the location and its surrounding, but most importantly the people that assisted in making a truly memorable holiday possible.
We are an exceptional team of unique, warm hearted, enthusiastic, creative, and skilled individuals, willing to continually learn and develop, ultimately striving to make an exceptional experience and long lasting impression on our guests and fellow colleagues.
- A thorough understanding of our guest’s background prior to arrival that ensures a personalized service during their stay.
- Embody true Sri Lankan hospitality when welcoming a guest.
- Anticipate guest needs, and go above and beyond the nature of position, to ensure an EXCELLENT experience at all times.
- Be more than just a number but rather a name in our guests memory, with our hospitality reaching beyond departure.
The Three Steps of Service:
- A warm and sincere greeting, using the guest’s name.
- Anticipation and fulfillment of each guest’s needs.
- A fond farewell, giving a warm goodbye, and using the guest’s name.
Employee Standards and Values:
- We are always engaged.
- We project professionalism at all times.
- We are anticipatory in our service.
- We work together as a team towards achieving the founders’ vision.
- We pride ourselves in creating exceptional individual and group experiences for our guest.
- We pledge to actively enhance and develop our skills and capabilities.
- We maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness at all times, for both guests and team members.
- Impeccable personal grooming and hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- We will find solutions for any and all guest problems within our scope of responsibility, in collaboration with our fellow colleagues.
- We value, respect and tolerate diversity. We create a space of equal opportunity for all employees to succeed.
- We value employee’s contribution by constantly preparing and training to reach our goals of EXCELLENCE.
- We value honesty and hard work through recognition and reward.
- We foster an inclusive, mindful and progressive culture that contributes towards memorable guest stays and career experiences.
Founders & Directors
Aarunya was founded, owned, and independently managed by a group of distinguished professionals and business people with roots in Sri Lanka and internationally, leaders in their respective fields:
One of Sri Lanka's most respected, awarded, and internationally acclaimed businesspersons, with over 3000 employees in multiple business sectors.
- Chairman. Wijaya Group (Pvt) Ltd. & CIB Shopping Centres (Pvt) Ltd.
- Chairman. Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa.
- Sri Lanka Institute of Marketing, (SLIM) Nielsen People's Award 2018 winner.
- Federation of Chambers of Commerce and Industry of Sri Lanka, Entrepreneur of the Year 2013 (National Gold Award, Extra Large Category).
A high profile professional with extensive experience over 25yrs in environmental protection/sustainability and commercial agriculture in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Managing Director. Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa.
- Freelance Lead Technical Consultant. Environmental and Social Management Systems (ESMS), ISO14000 certification, and environmental auditing.
- Senior Consultant/Team Leader (ESMS). International Institute of Development Training (IIDT), and EML Consultants (Sri Lanka).
- Director. Vidusetha Higher Education Foundation in Sri Lanka.
- Consultant. World Environment Program, Africa.
- Former Senior Professional. Department of Environment, Climate Change & Water (Environment Protection Authority) of NSW, Australia.
Nath is an Australian Registered Architect & Property Developer. He is the Founder of International Property Development & Architectural Design Firm Nath Rankothge & Associates (NRA). Nath is the Architect & Property Developer for Aarunya.
- Former Senior/Project Architect. SOM (New York), UNStudio (Shanghai), Aukette Swanke (London), & Balmond Studio (Colombo/London).
- Director. NRA (Nath Rankothge & Associates).
- Director. Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa.
Directress of multiple companies in Sri Lanka.
- Director. Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa.
- Director. Wijaya Group (Pvt) Ltd. & CIB Shopping Centres (Pvt) Ltd.
- Director. Claire's Closet (Pvt) Ltd.
Mr. V.K. Jayawardane
With over 28 years of experience in Operations and Human Resource Management across highly diverse business sectors in Sri Lanka. His expertise includes work for apparel giants such as MAS Holdings, LEL Group (Currently under Brandix) & ORIT Apparel & Trading. He also headed HR at Richard Pieris Group (ARPICO) with a workforce of over 38,000.
- Non-Executive Director. Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa.
- Chief Executive Officer, Managing Director. Orayan Human Capital.
- Management Consultant, Business & Organizational Development. Wijaya Group (Pvt) Ltd.
- Management Trainer. Overseas Reality, Linea Intimo (MAS Holdings), Trelleborg Lanka, T&FG, Sumathi Group, and Imperial Lanka.
Directress of multiple companies based in Sri Lanka and Sydney, Australia.
- Non-Executive Director. Aarunya Nature Resort & Spa.
- Director. Sarees n Things in Sydney, Australia.
- Independent Associate. Usana Health Sciences in Sydney, Australia.
- Director. Vidusetha Higher Education Foundation in Sri Lanka.
Architect & Developer Founder
Nath Rankothge & Associates (NRA) - Mr Nath Rankothge:
Nath Rankothge is an Australian Registered Architect & Property Developer with over a decade of experience, involved with over 30 high profile projects in 8 countries including Aarunya. He is the Founder of international Design Consulting & Development Management Firm Nath Rankothge & Associates (NRA), based in Colombo & with global offices. Visit www.nra-a.com and www.linkedin.com/in/nathrankothge/ for more information.
NRA Projects Office | Colombo, Sri Lanka
167 Vipulasena Mawatha.
Colombo 10, Sri Lanka.