Value Added Offers, & Best Rates Guaranteed.
Planning Your Incredible Trip
Location & Experiences
Aarunya Excursions List
Aarunya is centrally located between Kandy and the Cultural Triangle, with easy access to historical, cultural, & natural sights & landmarks on & off the beaten track.
Try our incredible excursions, tours and activities. We can also assist with planning custom itineraries.
Contact us for more information.
Aarunya is located conveniently in Central Sri Lanka, between Kandy and Dambulla (the gateway to the cultural centre and north of Sri Lanka), just 1.5km off the main A9 road connecting both towns.
A drive of 2-3 hours from the airport, 30-45 minutes from Kandy train station and only 1-2 hours drive to most cultural hotspots such as Sigiriya Rock Fortress or even natural wonders such as the UNESCO Natural World Heritage Listed Knuckles mountains and waterfalls.
If you're looking to explore the best of Sri Lanka's natural and cultural sights from a central location with premium comforts and concierge services, then Aarunya is at your service!
Our guests enjoy a variety of tailor made excursions and tours including exciting cultural and natural attractions, with durations ranging from a few hours to a full day.
We recommend staying with us for at least 2 nights to experience Aarunya and to take advantage of our excellent excursions and activities.
Please request the Aarunya Excursions brochure for further details.
A summary of our excursions:
- Local village/nature hikes (Based on availability of guide).
- ‘Chasing Waterfalls’ (Half day).
- ‘Into the Wild’ (Minneriya or Kaudulla National Parks - Full Day).
- ‘Land of the Kings’ (Sigiriya and Polonnaruwa - Full Day).
- ‘The Romance of Kandy’ (Half Day - 3 to 4 hours).
- ‘Taste of Ceylon Tea’ (Tea factory excursion - 4 to 5 hours).
- ‘Sunrise over Adam’s Peak’ (Adam’s Peak - Overnight).
- ‘18 Bends & Veddhas of Mahiyanganaya’ (Scenic drive, oldest temple, Indigenous village - Full day).
- ‘Tea off at Victoria Golf Course’ (18 Hole International standard Golf Course - Half or full day).
- ‘Arts and Culture’ (Galgamuwa Craft Village, mask factory, Kandy city cultural show - 4 to 5 hours).
- ‘Temples of the Last Dynasty’ (Galgamaduwa, Embekke, & Lankathilaka Temples in Kandy - 5 to 6 hours).
- ‘Peaks & Valleys’ (Tour of Knuckles Conservation Range - All day).